Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is a test to understand what news we should announce. Maybe it could lead to build a newsletter.
For the moment, we just log some interesting news lost in the Slack space or elsewhere.
- Each entry shouldn't be longer than three to five lines of text. Even better if it fits under 280 chars (twitter limit).
- Links are good.
- Proposed format: Date - Topic: announcement.
- 2020-07-22 - Environment : To compute a new Eco-Score, created metrics to track the % of products we can match to Agribalyse environmental impact data and a plan to improve it
- 2020-07-15 - Events and communication : Marie and Mickaël have created step-by-step guides (currently in French) to create 2 simple workshops demonstrating the use of OFF to a general audience. (to be used during this summer "Microsoft Big Tour" event in France)
- 2020-07-10 - Artificial Intelligence: @Raphaël has updated the logo collection used in https://hunger.openfoodfacts.org/logos and for logo prediction, we now have 1.5 million of logos (instead of 600k previously). Please use it carefully and read the logo annotation guidelines before.
- 2020-07-03 - Producers : Non-food products (e.g. beauty products) imported through the platform for producers can now be redirected to Open Beauty Facts and Open Products Facts
- 2020-06-29 - Artificial Intelligence: We have new members who joined our effort to extract nutrition facts data from photos. Join us in #ai-nutrition-table
- 2020-06-29 - Belgium ingredients: Busy cleaning up the unknown ingredients of products sold in Belgium. Implies cleaning the languages ingredient lists, adding languages, moving products, etc.(@aleene)
- 2020-06-28 - Ingredients parsing: Many improvements again this week, in particular for additives, in Spanish and many languages.
- 2020-06-26 - Development' : Areesha is continuing to create templates to ease HTML / design changes. A template for nutrition facts table was deployed this week.
- 2020-06-25 - Producers: Producers can now create free professional accounts to upload their product photos and data on the Platform for producers.
- 2020-06-19 - Special operations: To prepare research for a blog post on honey, French contributors reviewed and improved products in the honey category.
- 2020-06-18 - Ingredients parsing: Jussi and Charles Nepote have made big improvements in north Europe languages; 95% of finish ingredients are now recognized, and nearly 90% of danish ones.
- 2020-06-17 - Media: OFF was presented on TV in Belgium (RTBF), reported by Daniel
- 2020-06-15 - Web site: The advanced search form has more possibilities and it's easier to use them.
- 2020-06-09 - Community: We are launching an initiative for Even more transparency, openness and internationalisation for the management and day-to-day operations of the Open Food Facts project
- 2020-06-08 - Ingredients parsing: Acuario has improved (again!) a lot the Spanish ingredients and ingredients processing taxonomies.
- Unknown ingredients went from 23% to 18% in the last 10 days!
- 2020-06-04 - New feature: a histogram is now automatically displayed when exploring products by NOVA groups
- 2020-06-04 - Documentation: a wiki page has been added to better document the ODBL License, with also suggestions to report and process ODBL non-compliance
- 2020-06-04 - Packager codes: Jussi has loaded the packager codes for Estonia, so we can now see the Estonian production places and the corresponding products on a map.
- 2020-06-02 - Ingredient translations: Acuario has made a great effort to identify more ingredients in spanish, which means better information for vegans, vegetarians, etc.
- 2020-06-01 - Strange languages: Aleene has finished his big cleaning the "unknow-language" category and others.
- 2020-05-30 - Development: Areesha has started to "templatize" the Perl backend of Open Food Facts to separate the HTML from the code and make it easier to designers who are not familiar with Perl to improve the website design.
- Feedback welcome: Areesha filed the first PR for the Nutri-Score details template.
- 2020-05-29 - Communication: New blog post A great thank you to the Mozilla and the Ford Foundation for their support to the new Open Food Facts app
- 2020-05-29 - Data imports: Galliance, a French manufacturer, used the Open Food Facts Platform for Producers to publish data and photos for their products of the Père Dodu brand.
- 2020-05-26 - Data imports: We now have beautiful photos for Ethiquable products in France, uploaded through the Producers Platform by Christophe of MyLabel
- 2020-05-25 - Translations: The Korean translations are progressing at a very fast pace, both for the apps and website, thanks to the hard work of 최은영 and Minjeong Lee over the past few days.
- You can help for your language at https://translate.openfoodfacts.org/
- 2020-05-25 - Development: We published the first draft functional specs for the new search API for the Project:Personalized_Search project.
- Feedback welcome! (on the talk page, or #personal-search channel on Slack)
- 2020-05-25 - Funding: Pierre Slamich sent the application for Open Food Facts to join GitHub Sponsors
- 2020-05-24 - R&D: Primaël Quémerais is testing an asynchronous scanner, able to scan 5 products simultaneously.
- 2020-05-20 - Personalized Search project: Stéphane Gigandet has published a detailed report related to first part of this NLNet funded project: Ingredients analysis and search features extraction.
- 2020-05-19 - Data quality: Stéphane Gigandet has published a progress report for ingredients analysis. 9 languages analyzed: Open Food Facts now recognize more than 80% ingredients for the majority of them (average of +2 points since march)! Congrats for the Finnish team, reaching more than 91%.
- 2020-05-18 - Team: Areesha Tariq joined as an Outreachy intern sponsored by The Perl Fundation to work on improving the code quality of the Open Food Facts backend (written in Perl), and in particular to add a templating system to better separate the presentation (HTML, JS and CSS) from the code.
- 2020-05-04 - Third party apps: Power User Script official new version (2020-05-04T10:39) -- Nutrition facts picture now takes all the place available.
- 2020-04-29 - Wiki: We just migrated and updated current wikis on a new server. French and english wikis are now merged in a unique wiki.
- 2020-04-27 - Data import: We just got data for 140 products from Iglo, loaded through the new platform for producers: https://de.openfoodfacts.org/datenquelle/producer-iglo
- 2020-04-23 - Data import: We imported more than 130,000 new products from the USDA database.
- 2020-04-23 - Local communities: Italy has passed 10,000 products. Bravo a tutti!
- 2020-04-01 - Special operations: Operation ingredienti launch. It's dealing with products which ingredients are wrongly stored as french while italian.
- 2020-03-30 - Local communities: Germany has now got more than 50,000 products. Danke schön!
- 2020-03-25 - Special operations: Operation zutaten launch. It's dealing with products which ingredients are wrongly stored as french while german.