Producers' data are welcome in Open food Facts.
Thousands of producers already publish their data into Open Food Facts database.
Do's and don't
- Producers' data should be the same as printed on the packaging.
- Producers' data mustn't contain subjective data.
Better tastelabel is prohibited, even if it's written on the packaging.
The poor and simple way
Every producer can add its products with a regular account, directly on Open Food Facts platform. If it has more than a dozen of products, it will be painful by the time.
The better way
Even if the producer have few products, we recommend using the dedicated Open Food Facts Pro platform: https://world.pro.openfoodfacts.org/
The Pro platform:
- allows to mass import and/or update products and their pictures in Open Food Facts (via Excel files, CSV, etc.)
- allows to compute food indicators such as Nutri-Score
- allows to control data before import: data errors are reported; each product page can be simulated
- identifies products enhancements: for example, a better Nutri-Score due to a small sugar or salt variation
How to help
As an Open Food Facts contributor, you can help to spread the world and contact producers to ask them publishing their products. You can already use an email example: english and french.