Producers' data are welcome in Open food Facts.
Thousands of producers already publish their data into Open Food Facts database.
Do's and don't
- Producers' data should be the same as printed on the packaging.
- Producers' data mustn't contain subjective data.
Better tastelabel is prohibited, even if it's written on the packaging.
The poor and simple way
Every producer can add its products with a regular account, directly on Open Food Facts platform. If the producer has more than a dozen of products, it can become tedious, so we encourage producers to use our pro platform.
The better way
Even if the producer has few products, we recommend using the dedicated Open Food Facts Pro platform: https://world.pro.openfoodfacts.org/ (it's free!)
The Pro platform:
- allows to mass import and/or update products and their pictures in Open Food Facts (via Excel files, CSV, etc.)
- allows to compute food indicators such as Nutri-Score
- allows to control data before import: data errors are reported; each product page can be simulated
- identifies products enhancements: for example, a better Nutri-Score due to a small sugar or salt variation
How to help
As an Open Food Facts contributor, you can help to spread the world and contact producers to ask them to publish their products. You can use this email example: english and french.