We currently have native apps for Android, iOS and Ubuntu Touch.
We also have an HTML-based app for other mobile OSes based on Cordova and PhoneGap. We'd very much like have native apps for speed and access to more advanced features.
New cross platform Flutter app
- Project Smoothie
- The application is already on Google Play and the Apple App Store. (soon F-Droid).
- You can contribute to its development ! https://github.com/openfoodfacts/smooth-app
- Figma file for the new mobile app
- Figma file for the marketing assets of the new mobile app
Classic Android (deprecated)
The app is deprecated for food. You can nevertheless contribute to its development on GitHub (it's still used at the moment for Open Beauty Facts, Open Pet Food Facts and Open Products Facts.
Documentation of the source code
The documentation is generated automatically from the source code and your improvements to code documentation are published automatically. https://openfoodfacts.github.io/openfoodfacts-androidapp/
Figma project for the Android app
Classic iOS (deprecated)
The classic codebase in Swift is deprecated. You can nevertheless look at the code on GitHub.
- ios and #ios-alerts on Slack
For now it is an alpha version.
You can compile it directly from the main repo on GitHub: https://github.com/openfoodfacts/openfoodfacts-ubuntu
Mobile web version
Phonegap - Android, iOS, Windows Phone (deprecated)
The application is mainly dedicated to the collection of products: bar code scanning , sending photos, input basic information.
- Code on GitHub : https://github.com/openfoodfacts/openfoodfacts-android/tree/master/phonegap/Open%20Food%20Facts
- App on the Windows Store (to be replaced by the Flutter app)
- App on the Amazon Store (to be replaced by the Flutter app)
- Open Beauty Facts on iOS (to be replaced by a refactor of the Flutter app for cosmetics)
Deprecated Cordova Development notes
Mobile App/Cordova Development Notes Useful if we need to update the legacy Open Beauty Facts on iOS for some reason
Applications dedicated to uses other than the collection
Large public Application: information consultation
Display nutritional traffic lights etc. .
Large public Application: augmented reality
- Information display overlay product .
- Ongoing trial with Moodstocks. First tests rather conclusive: the products are easily recognized when the camera passes over (without scanning and without taking a picture).
Application for people who have difficulty reading
- For people who are blind, have difficulty reading when it says very little that can not read.
- Demo of Speech-enabled app on Android http://fr.openfoodfacts.org/js/off-vocal.apk
- Calculation of calories and other nutrients
- An offline version ( avoiding making an internet connection for lookups)