- 1 Food Additives
- 1.1 Objectives
- 1.2 Types of data
- 1.3 Sources of data
- 1.4 Data collection
The goals of those projects are to:
- gather data on food additives so that it can be used in conjunction with other Open Food Facts data
- determine what food additives data should be displayed on Open Food Facts product pages
- create information pages for each food additive
- possibly classify the risk of each additive so that it can be shown on Open Food Facts
- currently done for some additives on Open Food Facts in French language: http://fr.wiki.openfoodfacts.org/Projet:Fiches_sur_les_additifs
Types of data
Codes, names and synonyms
- Sources of the additive
- Natural extract / chemical synthesis
- Vegetarian, vegan
- Containing pork
- How is the additive produced?
- Religious certifications
Types of products containing the additive
Sources of data
For each source, we should note under which licence the data is available.
Laws and regulations
e.g. http://www.efsa.europa.eu/fr/efsajournal/doc/1331.pdf "Scientific Opinion on the re-evaluation Tartrazine (E 102) -- EFSA Panel on Food Additives and Nutrient Sources added to Food (ANS)"