You're using Open Food Facts data in your app ? Great ! Did you know you could contribute back using standardized API ? In short, helping Open Food Facts is helping your app or service. Make it easy for your user to scan and take pictures of products, or to label them.
Apps contributing back to Open Food Facts
- iOS and Android App
- Contributes photos and Name, Brand, Quantity
3rd party apps
- Date Limite >> http://world.openfoodfacts.org/contributor/date-limite-app
- Contributes photos and basic fields
- Recipe Keep >> http://world.openfoodfacts.org/contributor/recipekeepapp
- Contributes text fields
- Can I eat this ? >> http://world.openfoodfacts.org/contributor/canieatthis-app
- Contributes many fields, including ingredients
Apps not yet contributing back to Open Food Facts
How to contribute back
For now, you can create a user account for all your contributors.
See how to use the API
New documentation of the API
- API V2 - Comprehensive but not OpenAPI compliant - It contains uses cases for displaying a product, and letting your users add the data required to get the Nutri-Score, the NOVA classification, additives, and the Eco-Score.
- API V2 - new OpenAPI documentation - Work in Progress
- API V3 - new OpenAPI documentation - Work in Progress