Platform for producers
Many producers already publish their data as opendata into Open Food Facts database.
Platform for Producers
Even if the producer has few products, producers should use the free Open Food Facts Platform for Producers: https://world.pro.openfoodfacts.org/
- mass import and/or update products and their pictures in Open Food Facts (via Excel files, CSV, EQUADIS)
- compute food indicators such as Nutri-Score, NOVA, Eco-Score
- control data before import: data errors are reported; each product page can be simulated
- identifies products enhancements: for example, a better Nutri-Score due to a small sugar or salt variation
- protect qualified data from modifications (products which passed data quality controls)
2021 Draft roadmap
Focus on the first-time use
- It should not be a blank void, but a guided journey towards automated, regular imports.
- Show guidance towards import options and available features on the empty home screen
- Ensure producers don’t end up doing manual work when they have a cleaner option.
Focus on acquisition platforms within the platform
One of the objectives is to create "platforms within the platform" so that efforts to convince producers can be distributed.
- Contributors from various countries (We've started creating localized marketing materials, and collaborative tracking tools, but we can do more)
- Distributors, Food quality labels, Food Startups & Consultants, Local Authorities with local producers
Create integrations with more Product Information Management (PIM) systems
We have a first integration with the EQUADIS PIM, and we could probably integrate with more PIMs if they are willing to for their customers.
Provide food processing and environment recommandations
The same way we provide nutritional information, we could provide food processing and environment recommandations.
Reduce the admin load for new user and for each import
- More helpful emails
- Actionable links to see the account
- More emails for admins
- on first manual product creation by a pro user
- on first file upload by a pro user
- on first file related product creation by a pro user
How to help
As an Open Food Facts contributor, you can help to spread the world and contact producers to ask them to publish their products. One of the objectives is to create a "platform within the platform" so that efforts to convince producers can be distributed.
- Invitation to join: English, French, Lithuanian.
- Email follow-up (when the producer has already joined Open Food Facts public website), in English, French and Lithuanian.
For detailed explanations about Producer Data policies, see Producers' data