Products with several byproducts
Several lists of ingredients and several nutritional tables; multiproduct packs.
- (see product 3270160602483 m)
- (see product 8712566342822 m) : Nutritional table with two subtables for caramel ice cream and chocolate.
- (see product 3041090027918 m) : Sticks for babies, with a nutritional table for each one.
- (see product 5054070216996 m) : Yogurts with two flavours, lists of ingredients and nutritional tables.
- (see product 00868860 m) : Yogurts with four flavours, lists of ingredients and nutritional tables.
- (see product 8480024819512 m)
- (see product 8432089108513 m)
- (see product 8432089108117 m)
- (see product 8480017079336 m)
- (see product 8480017139658 m)
- (see product 8436569260074 m) : Beef carpaccio together with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- (see product 20383817 m)
- (see product 4311596464869 m)
- (see product 8711200565306 m) : Ben&Jerry's classic mix: four ice creams in one box.
- (see product 3256224111610 m) : Bâtonnets vanille, praliné : box with 2 different ice creams.
- (see product 3263856691311 m) : Assortiment de pots glacés.
- (see product 3449860415734 m) : Petits bâtons de berger.
- (see product 7613269351740 m)
- (see product 7613035179073 m) is a box containing (see product 7613035596658 m) and (see product 3222270955447 m), to sell them at the price of the first one. It has its own barcode and ingredient list. The same discount was also provided by making a bigger pack instead: (see product 7613035596658 m).
- Multiproduct pack, some ingredients in the list are marked as specific to one of the products:
- (see product 7260816747060 m) : Salmon and Sauce
- (see product 4008400360621 m) : Three products in one (also three nutrition tables)
- (see product 4810268022647 m) : Separate ingredients and nutrition tables for the tvorog+cream and the fruit filling, which are in separate chambers in specified quantities (the text recommends mixing them).
- (see product 7613035244320 m) : Two ice cream flavours, each having its own ingredient list and nutritrion table.
- (see product 8000500168554 m) : Two ingredient lists and nutrition tables (one for the "Grand Ferrero Rocher", and one for the 2 Ferrero Rocher inside it).
- (see product 8000500262450 m) : Ferrero Golden Gallery : six kinds of chocolates, each one with its ingredients list and nutritional table.
- (see product 8000500262283 m) : Ferrero Golden Gallery : four kinds of chocolates, each one with its ingredients list and nutritional table.
- (see product 3021762412280 m) : Materne Pom'potes : 4 kinds of products, each one with its ingredient lists and nutritional table.
- (see product 4000930527048 m) : Schinkenplatte/selection of meats: 4 ingredient listings, 2 nutrition tables.
Identical products with different branding
Hundreds of products are only different in their brands and distributors, having the same ingredients, nutritional composition, weights, formats... For example:
- (see product 4388844217553 m) and (see product 24511506 m)
- "Schoko & Keks"
Products with same bar code
- Canady Dry and Apple Soda (see product 3124480000378 m)
- Candy brand "Sami Sweet" ( Leader Price): (see product 7290013316110 m)
- Gufrettes (Leader Price) (see product 3263853192118 m)
- Wheat bran Carrefour Bio : (see product 3560070522279 m)
- Chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips Picard: (see product 3270160277605 m)
- Organic Basmati Rice and Ethiquable Alter Eco : (see product 3700214610121 m)
- Images of 4 different products have been uploaded for (see product 5901234123457 m). I can't confirm any of these with a simple web search. This EAN is also often used for illustration purposes on e.g. Wikipedia and Python sample code
- Terrafrika One Cola,
- Bridelice cream or milk (not sure),
- Eggo Waffles
- "Diamond" dietary supplement
- ASDA 15 eggs
- Crackers goût Pizza Crusti Croc (LIDL)
- Mineral waters with the same brand and codebar but from different mineral springs (and with different mineral composition).
- Meat that has different EMB codes and other information.
- Soya light - Alpro (https://world.openfoodfacts.org/product/00285094/soya-light-alpro)
- Sainsbury's Sweet Chilli Chicken Breast Slices
- Setas surtidas deshidratadas "Asia Green Garden" (see product 24049948 m)
- Setas de ostra deshidratadas "Asia Green Garden" (see product 2000000004805 m)
- Setas orejas de judas deshidratadas "Asia Green Garden" (see product 2000000004804 m)
- Setas shiitake deshidratadas "Asia Green Garden" (see product 2000000014616 m)
- Paté vegetariano Natural (see product 24051705 m)
- Paté vegetariano Pimiento Calabacín Tomate (see product 2000000012482 m)
- Paté vegetariano Pimiento Anacardo (see product 2000000012483 m)
- Paté vegetariano Judías Tofu ahumado (see product 2000000014523 m)
- Paté vegetariano Champiñón Shiitake (see product 2000000014522 m)
- Paté vegetariano Tofu Cebolla (see product 2000000023730 m)
- Paté vegetariano Tomate Soja (see product 2000000023731 m)
- Crema vegetariana Hierbas (see product 24051767 m)
- Crema vegetariana Curry Papaya (see product 2000000015862 m)
- Crema vegetariana Berenjena (see product 2000000015861 m)
- Crema vegetariana Manzanas Rábano picante (see product 2000000023732 m)
- Crema vegetariana Pimiento dulce Chile (see product 2000000023733 m)
- Crema vegetariana Lentejas Coco (see product 2000000023734 m)
- Hamburgers végétaliens à poêler - Bon et Bio
- Tofu - Bon et Bio
- In Australia : chocolate biscuits
- In France : potato crisps
- In Australia : Cream
- In France : Vin Chardonnay d'Afrique du Sud
- 2 burgers végétaliens - Bon & Vég
- 2 burgers aux légumes - Bon & Vég
- Vermicelles de chocolat
Products with two barcodes
- (see product 3344290321344 m)
- (see product 8410223800165 m)
- (see product 8410223607139 m): Chocolat noir à l'orange - Delaviuda.
Products with an EAN without the barcode
Products with strange nutritional information
There is a label for incorrect information nutritional facts, as linked here.
- (see product 3335122723382 m): Mix information "per 100g ", "per 100ml ", "g / l"
- Cookies brand " Michel et Augustin" , developed in Paris , formulate sentences with nutritional information and ingredients for some cookies ( not the entire package .) Ingredients "classics" are against full labeled in English , for example: (see product 3760122961951 m)
- (see product 6132500680018 m): Presence of vitamin difficult to read (B22?) .
- (see product 3367651001303 m): the weight of a sandwich is not specified, but information are provided in the table.
- (see product 5000183505458 m): "6.1 g carbohydrates, of which 6.9 g sugars."
- (see product 5060079730036 m): "39.63 g carbohydrates, of which 46.59 g sugars."
- (see product 3700238384350 m): "52.8 g carbohydrates, of which 439.7 g sugars."
- (see product 5601312300113 m): "0.5 g carbohydrates, of which 1 g sugars."
- (see product 5604156000355 m): "1.1 g carbohydrates, of which 5.0 g sugars."
- (see product 3250391640379 m): 0.78 g sodium, 1,17 g salt.
- (see product 3250390305224 m): 1.6 g sodium, 3,5 g salt.
- (see product 5601980000018 m): "Sodium (salt): 0.3 g (0.7 g)," noting that, normally, brackets are used for compound ingredients.
- (see product 00180115 m): Product has one column for thighs, one for drumsticks
- (see product 5000184161028 m): nutrition facts are based on the cube diluted in water, instead of the weight of the cube itself.
- (see product 29019373 m): nutrition facts are based on the prepared/cooked penne ("zubereitet"); while there is probably no relevant difference in the nutrition info itself, the amount of water soaked up while cooking may differ based on some conditions (salt? heat? duration?).
- (see product 5000169403822 m): Product has one column (nutri info and ingredients) for each kind of cookie.
- (see product 7613035664692 m): Product has one column (nutri info and ingredients) for each kind of chocolate.
- (see product 8000500168554 m): Product has one column (nutri info and ingredients) for each kind of chocolate.
- (see product 5012035947835 m): Product has one column for nutrition facts and two sections for ingredients (2 products in one).
- (see product 3423720012462 m): Product with 48,6 g / 100 g. A bit salty for a cake.
- (see product 3461820210425 m): Product with 2.8 g of salt, which is very strange for olive oil.
Other noteworthy products
- (see product 5000242452693 m): "Slow cooked tender prime steak in a rich gravy infused with Guiness beer, baked in a unique Holland's golden shortcrust pie" (21 words, 123 characters) is probably the longest product name we stumbled upon.
- (see product 7622300118969 m): In response to above, a case like this could also be noted: "Producto en polvo para la preparación de una bebida refrescante aromatizada que contiene zumo de naranja deshidratado, zumo de fresa deshidratado, puré de mango deshidratado y aroma tropical, con azúcar y edulcorantes" (32 words, 217 characters).
- (see product 8901491101844 m): Two ingredients lists, one on an importer's sticker. Importer's sticker is more specific, but manufacturer's list includes an E-code for an unlisted ingredient (160b).
- (see product 9100000819136 m): Diabetic information in nutrition facts.
- (see product 22148186 m) : Veggie Aufschnitt in two flavors
- (see product 4311596460434 m): Product by several producers (DE NI 010 EG and DE NI 059 EG) with different nutritions and labels (DLG 2012). Might be they changed producers, but Edeka probably sells enough units to need more than one producer at the same time.
- (see product 4300175075589 m): Mineral water from several water sources (Noe-Quelle, Quintus-Quelle) with different nutrition values. Also only one is "Natriumarm".
- (see product 5600162630807 m) and (see product 5600162630821 m): These are the same cheeses, but one has oregano and yet, despite that, the nutritional facts and ingredient lists are the very same.
- (see product 8801005306898 m): E964 - Sirop de polyglycitol wasn't allowed in Europe before 2012 (see this)
- (see product 3191220000530 m): American label found in France.
- (see product 8901161105288 m): American label with Italian distributor label, sold in Portugal without a Portuguese label translation.
- (see product 5601383028909 m): This product has an EC health mark, which is a Veterinary Control Number, while being of 100% vegetable origin.
- (see product 5601312101154 m): This product is labelled as having a cartonboard box to be placed in the blue recycle bin, but it doesn't actually have that packaging, having a plastic wrapper instead.
- (see product 3259380115713 m): This product's nutritional declation table provides additional per 100 kcal values.
There are also some French cases:
- (see product 2637412247105 m): Ce demi-chevreau a été orné d'un logo "Lapin de France"...
- (see product 3173287528578 m): Oeufs liqueur... sans liqueur...
- (see product 5410046013622 m): Compote à boire dont le pourcentage des ingrédients atteint 106%.
Products with different ingredients in multiple languages
- (see product 3228020481426 m): Italian ingredients are quite different from French ones
- (see product 360095230511 m): french does not list ingredients
- (see product 5411081003654 m): only german list ingredients
- (see product 3155930006015 m): some languages provide more ingredients
- (see product 4021912006023 m): some languages provide more ingredients
- (see product 5449000011527 m): Swiss Fanta has the same barcode as the French Fanta manu1400 but it looks like (the picture is blurred) that the ingredients are different
- (see product 7612100054994 m): Ovomaltine has the same barcode but different Nutrition Facts between FR version and IT/ES/PT version (see pictures)
- (see product 3083680002875 m): Bonduelle canned sweet corn seems to have different data in Russia and Georgia.
Products with small item-dependent variations
Products with multiple possible sets of ingredients
- (see product 4810268024313 m): the letter (which is to be found near the dates on the cap) is in parentheses after the ingredient.
- (see product 4601512006724 m): same, but no comma ("или" means "or"), and there is an asterisk after the letter.
Variable nutrition data
- (see product 4607053473537 m) and (see product 4690228010347 m): Fat and energy values are printed together with the expiration dates.
Products whose packaging, ingredients or nutritional facts have changed
Products for which the barcode stays the same, but package, ingredients or nutritional values changed.
- (see product 3041090018398 m): See pictures of ingredients labels.
- (see product 4002566010727 m) and (see product 4002566010703 m): Gazi grill cheese: packaging, ingredients and nutrition values changed.
- (see product 3179142785100 m): Agar-agar package, nutritional values changed (how can I show the relevant revisions?);
- (see product 3228881084569 m): Percentages in ingredient list changed;
- (see product 8480017350763 m): Packaging, producer, nutrition changed;
- (see product 3168930005339 m): Packaging, ingredients, nutrition changed;
- (see product 20329778 m): Brand, packaging, EMB code etc, ingredients, nutrition changed;
- (see product 4602701201517 m): Ingredient list changed between August and October 2016.
Some examples of products whose packaging has changed:
- (see product 3263853010313 m)
- (see product 8480017034540 m)
- (see product 3228881024008 m)
- (see product 3261570000136 m)
- (see product 3263851374813 m)
Products whose Nutri-Score improved
Asked a lot by journalists, we should have a couple of examples to showcase:
- Sandwich saumon - 135 g - Sodébo (see product 3242272890751 m)
- All Activia passed from C to B with the apposition of the nutriscore on their packaging (e.g. Activia au bifidus mangue - Danone - 500 g (4x125g) (see product 3033491325519 m)
- Bonduelle Coleslaw, to be confirmed, B -> A (see product 3083681099850 m)
- Salade de quinoa aux légumes, B -> A (see product 3281780889994 m)
- Concombres au fromage blanc et ciboulette, to be confirmed, B -> A (see product 3083680660075 m)
- Couscous oriental, B -> A (see product 3248832940522 m)
- Buddah Bol Falafel, to be confirmed, B -> (see product 3700009263846 m)
You can find other examples in the list of products using the
reformulated:description property: https://world.openfoodfacts.org/property/reformulated:description.
Products with decorated barcodes
Some products have decorated artistically stylized barcodes. As product pictures aren't fully publicly visible on Open Food Facts, these customized barcodes are normally only seen in the full and original listing of uploaded pictures that each product has.
- The list of products moved over to a key here.
Restricted Circulation Number barcodes don't seem to be allowed in the above key list. There are cases of them too:
Additionally, some other products may also look like a case of barcode art, but not having the actual barcode affected, they must be technically excluded:
- (see product 8712100735646 m)
- (see product 23097438 m)
- (see product 7501059243873 m)
- (see product 7613032222109 m)
- (see product 7613036668378 m)
- (see product 7613036669498 m)
- (see product 5900020036988 m)
- (see product 5900020036179 m)
- (see product 5900020036162 m)
- (see product 3387390326574 m)
- (see product 5601009991686 m)
- (see product 5607047008232 m)
- (see product 3250390648048 m)
- (see product 5601050037517 m) Uncertain case.